Italcementi: Three decades of collaboration
The first firing of hydraulic cement in the Scanzo oven took place on 8 February 1864 and was immediately a successful product.
From the bridge over the river Adda, to the Santa Lucia railway station in Venice, where the effectiveness of the binder is crucial, even underwater, at the Suez Canal, in the Pirelli skyscraper in Milan (still today one the highest reinforced concrete buildings in the world), the quality of the cements produced by that enterprise, which only in 1927 assumed the name of Italcementi, would be the driving factor that would allow it to achieve leadership of the sector in Italy.
In 2010, Italcementi launched a plan to renovate and upgrade the main cement plants to the Best Available Technologies, which resulted in revamping of the Calusco d’Adda (BG), Matera and Rezzato-Mazzano (BS) cement plant.
A company that has made the relationship with the world of architecture and high engineering a means to stimulate growth, Italcementi, in the last ten years has filed over 60 patents, including those for transparent cement, used for the Italian pavilion at the Expo 2010 in Shanghai and for new biodynamic cement with which Palazzo Italia was built, the beating heart of the Italian Pavilion and icon of Expo 2015. From 1 July 2016 to today the company has been part of the HeidelbergCement Group, the leading global player in the vertically integrated supply of building materials.
The Group's industrial structure today consists of 10 complete cycle cement plants, a plant for special products, 10 cement grinding centres, 112 concrete plants and 13 aggregates quarries.
For over 30 years Mozzanica has been working alongside Italcementi's Italian plants in the maintenance of systems and fire extinguishers.
Over the years, Mozzanica has intensified its involvement in the fire protection of Italcementi factories by building plant hydrant networks, complete with pumping stations and water reserves.
The Mozzanica designers and installers have laid kilometres of hydrant networks to protect the Colleferro, Rezzato and Calusco plants. In this latter one, in particular, our teams have created a 3-kilometre hydrant network served by a 1200 m3 water reserve and a 450m3/h ULFM motor pump.